This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
*This post contains paid promotion*
There is nothing I love more than a good “fake out” recipe. I’ve got a few but using tortilla wraps in place of dough for pizza and rolls is one of my favorite!! A while back I did Pizza Tortilla Roll Ups and they were a huge hit. I decided to take that recipe and vary it a bit during one of my Facebook LIVE segments. They are quick, easy and a must try any time of year.
The main differences between this recipe and the one I had done previously is that these have no tomato sauce and are not made stovetop in a skillet. I also added mushrooms and spinach to this recipe. I’ve also added an extra layer of garlic and parmesan flavoring on the outside of the wrap. Each individual sausage bread wrap is brushed with a garlic, parmesan and parsley oil before being baked in the oven. Once they’ve cooked and cooled a bit, they can be cut in half to go with your favorite soup or cut into pinwheels as an appetizer for any event!
Just to show you how simple these are, I recently made them LIVE on my facebook page, You can catch the HOW to Video below… Happy Cooking y’all!
SHOP my Personal Pampered Chef Website for the items used in this video:
Pampered Chef Silicone Basting Brush:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE TOP RATED BLOG RECIPES:
Fake out Tortilla Sausage "Bread"
- 4 10 inch ” Flour Tortilla Shells
- 1 lb Italian Sausage removed from casing
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 6-8 White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup deli pepper strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic minced
- Italian Parsley chopped
- s&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix together olive oil, Parmesan, crushed garlic and fresh parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sauté sausage until cooked through. Remove from pan, drain and set aside. I’m Same pan add mushrooms and sauté until golden, set aside. Spread a third of sausage, mushrooms, spinach, peppers and mozzarella on the tortilla. Leave at least a 1/2” Border. Fold in the sides, then tightly roll up the tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Brush each tortilla with oil garlic mixture.
- Place in oven upper/middle rack. Bake 15 minutes