This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This recipe is for a Bucatini with Pomodoro Sauce is made using a combination of fresh and canned tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and just a hint of cream.
This recipe for pomodoro sauce is another one of my infamous last minute, I have nothing for dinner creations. It’s perfect for those those nights when it’s like 6:00 pm and you’re scouring the fridge or pantry for something to make.
I know what you are thinking … it seems to be the #storyofmylife – well you’re not wrong there. lol! One day I’ll really explain why I am always in a pinch for dinner, but for now consider my lack of dinner preparedness a gift to you.
Ingredients for this Pomodoro Sauce
Pomodoro sauce is nothing more than fresh tomato sauce with a touch of cream.
My Bucatini Pomodoro recipe came about when I was shopping my pantry for a quick dinner. At the time I found campari tomatoes, garlic, heavy cream, parmesan, and basil in my fridge. To go with these ingredients, I decided to also grab some canned San Marzano tomatoes and bucatini pasta from my pantry (items I usually have on hand).
Now it seemed I had all the fixings for a quick pomodoro sauce with a splash of cream. Which I guess really makes it a pink pomodoro sauce. I think all in all, it took less than 30 minutes to get it all on the table. By the time I boiled the water for the bucatini, I had already started my sauce.
How to make Pomodoro Sauce
This pomodoro sauce is so quick and easy. To start you just need to cut up the fresh tomatoes and then saute them with some garlic and olive oil. Once they soften, add a can of pureed san marzano tomatoes. Of coure do not forget to season everything with salt and pepper.
Next, let the pomodoro sauce simmer a bit and then add the fresh basil and heavy cream – not too much cream though – just a touch. At this time the pasta should be cooked and ready to drain. Now you toss the pasta with the sauce. Don’t forget the grated cheese!
Just the basics
I always say a well stocked pantry and fridge go a long way. With just simple basics on hand, I feel like I can always pull something together. And now the next time you are in a pinch for dinner, you can grab this recipe for Bucatini Pomodoro and pull it together too!
SEE, I’m here for you 🙂
I promised my Instagram and Facebook friends that I would share this quick and easy recipe and as promised here it is. Hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes quartered and gently squeezed of the seeds 1lb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Handful of chopped FRESH Basil/parsley
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 12 oz Bucatini Pasta
- Cook Bucatini Pasta in large pot of salted boiling water.
- Lightly brown crushed garlic in a deep skillet with olive oil.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook on medium heat until softened. Salt to taste. Then strain in the canned tomatoes add freshly chopped parsley and basil, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using the back of a fork or potato masher flatten out any large chunks of tomatoes (this is optional)
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a slow simmer.
- Toss cooked bucatini in the sauce and plate with with fresh grated Pecorino / Parmesan cheese.
The NEXT planned FACEBOOK LIVE COOKING SEGMENT is scheduled for Tuesday June 7, 2016 @ 4pm – Featured Recipe TBA