You know those nights when it’s like 6:00 pm and you’re scouring the fridge or pantry for something to make? Yep, me too (#storyofmylife)!
Well lucky for me (and for you!) I have a knack for pulling it all together and this Bucatini with Pomodoro Sauce was born.
With about 6 large campari tomatoes, a can of San Marzano tomatoes, heavy cream and bucatini Pasta in the pantry I went to work and it all got done in a half hour. Another reason to have a well stocked pantry. I always have garlic, olive oil and San Marzano Tomatoes on hand as well both fresh basil and parsley.
With the basics at hand I can always pull it together and now the next time you are in a pinch for dinner, you can grab this recipe and pull it together too! SEE, I’m here for you 🙂
I promised my Instagram and Facebook friends that I would share this quick and easy recipe and as promised here it is. Hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes quartered and gently squeezed of the seeds 1lb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Handful of chopped FRESH Basil/parsley
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 12 oz Bucatini Pasta
- Cook Bucatini Pasta in large pot of salted boiling water.
- Lightly brown crushed garlic in a deep skillet with olive oil.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook on medium heat until softened. Salt to taste. Then strain in the canned tomatoes add freshly chopped parsley and basil, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using the back of a fork or potato masher flatten out any large chunks of tomatoes (this is optional)
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a slow simmer.
- Toss cooked bucatini in the sauce and plate with with fresh grated Pecorino / Parmesan cheese.