This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
How cute are these chocolate chip cookie cups?!
They are relatively easy to make, all you need is a mini muffin pan and chocolate chip cookie dough. Then bake the chocolate chip cookie dough in a mini muffin pan, let them cool, and fill however you like. I used the Chocolate Kiss Mousse filling that I posted not long ago. If your a purist and don’t like to use store bought cookie dough then you should make it from scratch and then follow the baking directions below. I prefer the less mess option and cheated a bit with pre made cookie dough already cut into squares. I followed the baking directions from the Very Best Cooking website.
My Kids loved these cups as well as the hubby. I definitely recommend trying this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup recipe with your kids! No matter how you fill then you cant go wrong! Don’t forget to let me know how they turn out or any variations you may have tried in the comments below!
Here’s a quick play by play
1.Put a square/round on dough into a mini muffin pan and press down with your thumb to indent and bake in oven.
2. Remove from oven and with a cooking dowel or your thumb (be careful it will be HOT) press down on the puffed dough to make a deeper cup. I opted to place mine back in the oven for another minute or two.
3. Then let them cool a few minutes and carefully remove with spoon or knife
4. Prepare your favorite filling, fill the cups and enjoy.
NOTE: be sure to grease your pan well or the dough WILL stick and be difficult to remove. I also highly recommend using a non-stick pan
TIP: Don’t wait too long to try and remove the cups because I found the harder the cookie became the easier it cracked.
OPTION: use the long round prepackaged chocolate chip cookie dough and cut into 1″ slices, then cut in half and then round out the half and drop into the pan. Pushing down with your thumb to indent the dough. I used both methods and preferred this one.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1 15 oz package of refrigerated cookie dough squares
- Mini Muffin pan s
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray
- Take 1 square of dough and place in the center of the well. Use your thumb and indent the dough. Place in the oven and bake. When done the dough will have puffed up so gently push down with a dowel (or carefully with your thumb). Wait a few minutes and gently remove with a knife or small spoon. Let cool before filling.
You can fill mini cups with melted chocolate, melted peanut butter chips or both.
Also can be filled with chocolate Mousse or Nutella.
I used the end of a rolling pin to push down on the dough