*This post contains commissionable Amazon Affiliate Product links – ALL suggestions are my own*
Are we connected on Social Media? If so you probably already know that I am trying to become a healthier Cheftini, a #healthytini as I’ve so cleverly been calling it. My goal is to try and lose a few pounds without giving up too many of my favorite things. All things in moderation is my theory … hoping that I am right. I’ve only just begun so we shall see.
In any event, I have been trying come up with some different recipe ideas. I’ve been trying to stock up on healthier, more flavorful foods and that’s how I ended up creating these Turkey Marsala Sliders. I had actually planned on making my favorite Mediterranean Turkey Meatloaf but somehow ended up being inspired to make this recipe instead. I basically had all these ingredients on hand and tried them out. I went with sliders because I am trying to monitor my portion sizes and they fit perfectly on top of my Mini Naan Dippers. SO CUTE!
I am by no means a nutritionist by any standards, but I think I’ve kept this dish relatively figure friendly. I found one slider to plenty with a side salad. It was filling, flavorful and I am pretty sure not high in fat.
Suggested for this RECIPE:
PURCHASE MY e-cookbook HERE
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
→ GRAB the LIST of Cheftini’s Kitchen Favorites HERE
Mini #NaanBread Turkey Marsala Sliders
- 8 Oz Lean Ground Turkey • 99% lean
- 6 Oz Crimini Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Large Shallot diced
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- garlic powder Onion Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Splash of Marsala Wine
- Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 8 Mini @StoneFireNaan Bread slices
- 4 Slices Provolone Swiss or Gruyere Cheese optional
- Sauté mushrooms and shallots in non stick pan on medium/low for 5-7 minutes. Season with s&p. Add a tsp. of Thyme sprigs and splash of Marsala. Bring to boil to cook out alcohol. Set a side to cool
- Place ground turkey in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste. Add a few more fresh thyme sprigs, removed from stems. Add cooled mushroom Marsala mixture to the bowl and combine until mixed well together. Form 3-4 small slider/patties. Grill/cook as usual. Melt small slices of provolone cheese on top if desired.
- Take the naan bread slices and toast. Brush half the slices with olive oil and sprinkle fresh thyme over the top. Place sliders on bread and top with evoo/thyme slice. Serve and enjoy!