Oven Roasted Asparagus is one of those recipes that really doesn’t get enough love. Hands down one of my favorite sides. You know …. asparagus really does not need to be smothered in butter or heavy sauces to taste good. Just a simple oven roast with extra virgin olive oil and light seasonings brings out all the yummy goodness asparagus has to offer.
Every so often I will coat them with a little breadcrumbs for an added crunch. This is really sooo good! What can I say…I really do love my asparagus. Not only is it good for you, it’s also a really versatile vegetable. It pairs up nicely with just about any protein, salads, pastas and more…
Hopefully you’ll give this roasted version a tr. Of course I want to hear from you, so don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments below!
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 Bundle Fresh Asparagus Trimmed and cleaned
- 3-4 Tblsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Coarse Salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs OPTIONAL
- Pre heat oven to 375/400 F. (depending on heat of your oven) Place cleaned and trimmed asparagus in a large bowl with all the ingredients EXCEPT the grated cheese.
- Place Asparagus on a baking sheet. Sprinkle grated cheese all over. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle a little plain breadcrumbs over the asparagus after your season and coat olive oil.