Happy New Year friends! It’s hard to believe another year has come and gone! I hope each and everyone of you had a great holiday season filled with lots of love and of course great food.
We had a nice few weeks home with the kids and our extended family. Perhaps a little too much good Italian food. There’s only so much Manicotti and Eggplant Parmesan this girl can eat (well should eat 🙂 ). Usually by January 2nd I’m ready to eat some lighter meals.
How about you? Do you feel like you are ready to get back into a less indulgent frame of mind? Well if you are, I’ve got your back with a yummy Mediterranean style Chilean Sea Bass. Getting back on track is not always easy, especially when it comes to weeknight meals, but I am here for you and we can do this together.
This sea bass is pan roasted with olive oil, lots of parsley, lemon and zest, garlic, kalamata olives and tomatoes. Oh and there might be a splash of Chardonnay in there just to make the fish smile a little. It’s the perfect dish to bridge the gap between holiday indulgences and 24/7 Kale salad. #TheStruggle. In my opinion, drastic dietary changes are never the answer. Slow and steady always wins the race. Especially when it has to do with what we are eating and our nutrition goals.
Although I am not a huge fish lover, this Sea Bass usually has me going in for more. I’m not sure if it’s the mediterranean flare or the refreshing flavors of the parsley gremolata that make it so appealing but it’s a must try. Heck I even get my kids to eat it. The hubby?… well he is still a work in progress.
Really hope you like this one and give it a try and PLEASE don’t forget to comment below! Wishing you ALL the happiest and healthiest New Year!
Pan Roasted Chilean Sea Bass Gremolata
- 1 Pound Chilean Sea Bass with or without skin
- 2 Campari Tomatoes Seeded and diced
- 2 Tblsp Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp Parsley Gremolata (1/4 cup chopped parlsey, zest from 1 lemon)
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Pre heat oven to 450 f. In a bowl mix together Panko breadcrumbs and parsley gremolata.
- Season sea bass. In an oven safe pan heat olive oil and sear sea bass 5 mins on one side; flip over and sear an additional 2 minutes. Toss in chopped tomatoes, kalamata olives, chopped parsley and garlic, saute for a minute and then add splash of white wine. Coat the fish with the sauce then top with Panko mixture and coat again with sauce and roast in the oven for an additional 8-10 mins (or until desired doneness is reached)
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice.