This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Did somebody say #NationalFrenchFryDay? Yep, today is National French Fry Day. Now this is definitely a food holiday worth celebrating. At least for me. I never met a fry I didn’t like.
As much as I love french fries though, they aren’t always the healthiest thing to eat. Although I do indulge in french fries with my favorite burger when eating out, at home, I make these oven roasted Garlic Parmesan Fries. I peel and cut the potatoes into slices and then season with garlic salt, dried Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese, and roast them on a greased baking sheet in the oven. These fries are not only healthier, but they also taste great. I usually make a double batch of these oven fries when I have them on our dinner menu because my family will devour them before they even hit the plate.
Before you set out to give these a try here are a few tips I suggest to help make them a success:
- try to cut the potatoes the same size (within range but as close as possible)
- make sure to give the baking sheet a good coat of cooking spray to prevent sticking
- keep the potatoes from overlapping to ensure even cooking
- oven temperatures vary so I suggest cooking on a lower temperature the first time you make this dish and adjust thereafter. The outcome should be the same but will probably take a bit longer to cook.
Hopefully you’ll julienne, season and roast your way to a new family favorite with these Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Fries. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 3-4 Russet Potatoes peeled and julienned
- 1/8 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian Seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese divided
- Cooking Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 425-450 degrees F
- Peel and Julienne potatoes about 1/4" thick. Put potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, garlic salt, Italian Seasoning and 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and spread out the potatoes. *Careful not to overlap* Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes then move the pan to the top rack and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes (or until crisp).
- Remove from oven and transfer to a dish/bowl. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and serve warm.