This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Are you totally loving these Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches, or what?! I think they are so cute. You’re family will love them too! They don’t take too much time to prepare and all the ingredients are probably in your local supermarket. The best part is you don’t need an old fashioned Italian Nonna (Grandma) or her recipe to make these yummy treats.
Even though I can make homemade pizzelle, I actually made these ice cream sandwiches over the 4th of July weekend with a store bought brand. They were terrific and quick to make. Once you’ve got the pizzelle, all you need is your favorite ice cream, some melting chocolate and sprinkles.
How to make these Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Start with vanilla flavored pizzelle. Homemade or storebought the choice is yours.
- Melt white (milk or dark) chocolate either in the microwave or double boiler
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth dip one end of the pizzelle into the chocolate. You might need to thin it out the chocolate a bit with shortening to make it smoother and easier to work with.
TIP: I suggest using a high quality candy coating (like merckens )
NOTE: I have a Babyakes Dipping Pot which keeps the chocolate at the perfect temperature. If you do a lot of chocolate cookies or pretzels, etc.. this is great to have in the kitchen!
- After you’ve dipped and dried the pizzelle drizzle some more chocolate over the pizzelle and decorate with sprinkles.
- Spread the softened ice cream onto a pizzelle; top the ice cream with another pizzelle and sandwich together
- Wrap the sandwiches, lay flat and store back into the freezer to harden.
These ice cream sandwiches are so much fun to make; I really hope you’ll give them try!
Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 20 Vanilla Flavored Pizzelle
- 1 Pint of softened Ice Cream Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1 cup of colored sprinkles
- 1 lb of vanilla or milk melting chocolate
- Melt dipping chocolate
- Dip half the pizzelle in chocolate and lay flat on a lined baking sheet to harden.
- Once dry drizzle with more chocolate and decorate with sprinkles (or nuts)
- Spread softened ice cream onto one pizzelle and then sandwich together with another.
- Place back into the freezer to harden and serve when ready.