This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Impress your guests with these delightful semi-homemade Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches. The trick is to use store0bougth Pizeele cookies, your favorite ice cream, and a touch of creativity with melted chocolate and festive spirnkles, to create an appealing scrumptious treat that will leave everyone craving more.
Do you totally loving these Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches, or what?! I think they are so cute and your friends and family will love them too!
The best part is, they don’t take too much time to prepare and all the ingredients are probably in your local supermarket.
Even though I can make homemade pizzelle, I actually prefer to buy the store made ones for these ice cream sandwiches. They just have the perfect amount of crisp.
Once you’ve got the pizzelle, all you need is your favorite ice cream, some melting chocolate (I prefer candy melts) and sprinkles. The red, white and blue are perfect for all the summer holidays, but these can be made with an array of colors.
How to make Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Start with vanilla flavored pizzelle. Homemade or store bought the choice is yours.
- Melt white (milk or dark) candy melts either in the microwave or double boiler
- Once candy melt chocolate is melted and smooth, dip one end of the pizzelle into the chocolate.
- TIP: If using regular chocolate you might need to thin it out with shortening/oil to make it easier to work with.
- After you’ve dipped and dried the pizzelle drizzle some more chocolate over the pizzelle and decorate with sprinkles.
- Spread the softened ice cream onto a pizzelle; top the ice cream with another pizzelle and sandwich together
- Wrap the sandwiches, lay flat and store back into the freezer to harden.
These ice cream sandwiches are so much fun to make. A great project for the kids!
I really hope you’ll give them try!
Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 20 Vanilla Flavored Pizzelle
- 1 Pint of softened Ice Cream Vanilla or Chocolate
- 1 cup festive sprinkles
- 1 lb of vanilla or chocolate candy melt
- Melt dipping chocolate
- Dip half the pizzelle in chocolate and lay flat on a lined baking sheet to harden.
- Once dry drizzle with more chocolate and decorate with sprinkles (or nuts)
- Spread softened ice cream onto one pizzelle and then sandwich together with another.
- Place back into the freezer to harden and serve when ready.