This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
Try this Sesame Pork and Zucchini Stir Fry for those nights when you don’t want take-out but need a quick, weeknight meal.
Lately, I have been feeling like my life is in perpetual overdrive. Especially during the week. It’s like I’m always on the go but still can’t seem to get where I’m going. With everyone running in different directions my biggest challenge has been getting quick and healthy meals on the table. Even though it’s so easy to dial our favorite take-out place, the calories and the cost can really add up.
One thing I have been doing is trying to plan my meals for the week. Utilizing my pantry items along with planning meals has really helped me make dinner time a little easier. That’s where this sesame pork and zucchini stir fry recipe came into play.
Reasons to Make this Dish
One of the reasons I love this zucchini pork stir fry is because it just makes a great go to meals.
But other than being quick to make, it’s also a healthy(-ish) meal. It’s made with lean pork slices and packed with healthful zucchini and sesame seeds.
Zucchini is one of my favorite refrigerator staples. It’s not only low in calories but it’s an anti inflammatory vegetable that provides a good source of fiber. It also helps in lowering both cholesterol and blood pressure.
Long live zucchini!
Another reason to love this dish is the addition of sesame seeds. Sesame seeds bring great flavor and nutrition to the table. Among many nutritional values, sesame seeds provide calcium, promote heart health, lower blood pressure and help prevent cancer. These are just some of the reasons to keep this “superfood” as a staple in your pantry
I hope you’ll give this dish a try. It does take a little effort ( but not a lot). It’s also got some great stuff in it. And unlike take-out, you are in control of all the ingredients and measurements. You can follow my recipe below or use it as a guide to create your own quick stir fry.
*This recipe post is updated as of August 15, 2017 and September 9, 2020*
Check out these other great zucchini recipes
Sausage Broccoli Rabe Risotto Stuffed Zucchini
Individual Baked Zucchini Parmesan Casserole
What’s for Dinner Week 4 : Zucchini
Sesame Pork and Zucchini Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb boneless pork cutlets, cut into strips Substitute with Pork Tenderloin
- 3 cups of sliced zucchini rounds cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce - low sodium
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon toasted seeds
- 2 dashes of teriyaki sauce Optional
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl and mix together until smooth. Add the pork slices to the bowl and mix well. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saute pan. Add the pork slices to the hot pan and cook until no longer pink. Transfer to a covered bowl and keep warm.
- Using same pan add sesame oil (and remaining vegetable oil if necessary);add the sliced zucchini to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Return pork to the pan and add sesame seeds, soy sauce (teriyaki) and stock. Mix well and cook (slightly covered) for about 3-4 minutes more-or until sauce thickens. Serve over warm rice.
Southern Living at Home Easy Weeknight Meals
Subscribe for FREE email notifications.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to PIN IT, LIKE it, or SHARE it with your friends by clicking on one of the Social Media Icons below
I really look forward to hearing your feedback so let me know what you think in the comments below!
Sunday 5th of February 2023
I added a chopped onion garlic and a Spanish green chili. Delish Thank you from Natasha
Friday 10th of February 2023
Great additions! Thanks for sharing!!
Friday 1st of July 2022
Tasty and a great way to use up a glut of courgettes