This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
This past weekend for Memorial Day, I tried this outrageously delicious S’mores Frozen Ice Cream Cake! While I can not take credit for this recipe , I knew when I found it on the Kraft website I was going to have to prepare it and share it with you!
If you love S’mores and ice cream then this is an absolute MUST try!
I love deserts that WOW, especially no bake or semi-bake deserts for the summer months.
This one not only looks impressive, it is sinfully good. Although it has a few steps that require a little time,it is well worth the time and effort in the end.
I think the most delectable part of this desert if the fudge that you make by melting cool whip and chocolate in the microwave. I never knew you could do this…and not only that, the combination of the two ingredients are seriously good! In my opinion, it is the fudge that makes this desert! Whatever you do, DO NOt skip this step !
I had a “little” help preparing this one … the kids really enjoyed making it with me:
A quick side note: I did not have a 9″ spring form pan so i used 9 3/4″ pan. While it didn’t change the final taste of the product, it definitely changed the final look of the desert, and spread out the ingredients too much. The overall product should have been a little higher with more marshmallows covering the top layer. I also ended up needing more graham crackers than required to line the outside of the pan, because the surface area was bigger.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT ON THE RECIPE!! Thanks!
S'mores Frozen Ice Cream Cake
- 14 graham crackers divided
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 oz bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping 8 oz., Do not thaw.
- 1 container chocolate ice cream softened, 1-3/4 qt.
- 1 pkg. Miniature Marshmallows divided, 10 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F
- Pound the crackers in plastic sealing bag to a fine crumb. Melt butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs. Press into 9" spring form pan and bake until lightly brow.n
- In a bowl combine cool whip and chocolate and melt - stir at the half way mark and remove. Let chocolate mixture cool and then pour on top of the baked graham cracker crumbs.
- Break remaining crackers squares into fourths. Line them along the outside of the pan ( rigid side out) - Try and press into chocolate without breaking.
- Set the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes (or until hardened) Then, add the softened chocolate ice cream on top. Freeze at least 4 hours - best over night.
WHEN READY TO SERVE
- Melt milk and divided marshmallows in the microwave until bubbly;remove,stir and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Remove frozen cake from freezer and then pour melted marshmallow over the top. Then quickly spread the remaining mini marshmallows all over the top.
- Heat Broiler. Place pan on a baking tray and place under broiler, 1" away. Broil marshmallows for 1 minute.
- Remove promptly and let cool a moment - then serve.