Hey guys! Are you ready to make the simplest, easiest chocolate chip cake EVAA?! Well, if so… here it is, the only Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake recipe you’ll ever need.
What makes this recipe so special?
It’s one of those desserts that doesn’t require a lot of fancy ingredients, just the essentials: Flour, butter, eggs, sugar, chocolate chips, etc… It’s the perfect treat to make for the fam on a long weekend at home, but just as good to make for a large crowd or bring to your next BBQ this summer. And did I mention, it is REALLY simple to make?!
I like to bake this cake up in a rectangular pan and then cut them into squares, kinda like brownies. Once they’ve cooled just give them a little sprinkle of powdered sugar. If you’re going to savor these bite sized little treats at home, then pack them up in an airtight containers for optimal freshness.
These also make a great hostess gift
With summer just about here … so are all the family and friend gatherings. If you are like me you might be looking for the perfect homemade hostess gift. These little squares are perfect for when you are on the go and these little bites would be perfect. With a little planning you can place them on a decorative disposable platter, don’t forget a pretty doily and wrap them with some clear cello. Oh and depending on the occasion, add a colorful ribbon too!
I’ve also added a downloadable recipe card that you can add to present to your hostess too! Although it’s currently summer time, this would make the perfect hostess treat ALL year round.
No matter how you slice it these little guys take the cake in simplicity and taste. You are definitely going to want to give this Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake recipe a try and if you do, please come back and let me know what you think!
Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocoalte Chips
- Pre-heat oven 325 F. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside •Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla. Slowly mix in flour and alternating with milk. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Evenly pour in the batter evenly. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (can be made in a tube pan)
- Let cool, remove from pan, cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.