This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
If you’re looking for a quick cake pop hack for St Patrick’s Day or any other special occasion, then these DIY Pot of Gold Rainbow Donut Pops are for you! They are quick, easy and so much fun!
WARNING! You might PLEDGE your eternal LOVE for me once you see how quick, simple, and ADORABLE these Pot of Gold Rainbow Donut cake pops are! I’m just saying.
DIY Pot of Gold Cake Pop Hack Video
Can I Make Donut Hole Pops for Other Holidays and Celebrations?
I have been using this simple donut hole hack for years. Not only are they going to be an instant hit with the kids, but they are so easy to make!
The first time I used donut holes as cake pops was when I was in a pinch for a last-minute dessert for my daughter’s birthday party .
As usual, I forgot to order cake pops for the dessert table I was creating, so I decided to make my own the night before using donut holes!
These are perfect for spring holidays too!
They’re also fun to make for Valentine’s Day. I make them with glazed donut holes, white melting chocolate, and valentine themed non-perils. So cute!
Endless possibilities. The only limit is your own imagination!
What Ingredients and Supplies do I Need to Make Donut Hole Cake Pops?
If you like simple, simple desserts and time saver hacks, you might also like to make these Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches, Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes, Mini Apple Cider Donut Cupcakes, or these Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes.
Have fun and don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments below. TAG me on Instagram @Cheftini if you make them or leave me a comment below or on my Facebook!
Get your groceries and essentials delivered in as fast as 1 hour via Instacart. Free delivery on your first order. Min $10 req. Terms apply.
I love these little donut pop cake pops! They really take the stress out of cake poppin.
DIY Pot of Gold Rainbow Donut Pops
- 1 15 oz box Donut Holes munchkins, etc..
- 1 lb Merckens Chocolate or similar
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 2 Packs Airhead Extremes
- Gold crystallized sugar Like Wilton
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl (gradually). OR use chocolate warmer like I do.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Evenly line up 24 donut holes, flat side up on tray.
- Dip ends of lollipop sticks into chocolate and gently insert into center of donut pop. *Careful not to go out the other side. Let set to harden. When all pops are done, refrigerate 10 mins just to be sure the chocolate is set.
- In the meantime, open package of candy and cut the Airhead Extremes into about 1” strips. Set aside.
- While chocolate is still warm and fluid, dip each donut pop into the chocolate and swirl around until fully covered. Gently shake off excess and place flat side down onto tray. Press down slightly as you set the pop down to create a flat bottom. Repeat with remaining pops. Refrigerate 5-10 mins to harden.
- Take each donut pop and hold upright with one hand, dip the fork into the melted chocolate with the other and quickly drizzle across the top of the pop. Sprinkle with gold sugar. *the amount of chocolate used is up to you*
- While chocolate is still wet, stick the cut air head extreme into the pop so it looks like a rainbow is shooting over the top. Place in a glass jar to dry.