WARNING! You might PLEDGE your eternal LOVE for me once you see how quick, simple and ADORABLE these Pot of Gold Rainbow Donut cake pops are … I’, just saying….
Not only are these going to be an instant hit at your next party, they are also a simple donut hole hack that I have been using for years now. I’m not sure if you remember them from a few years back when I made them for my daughter’s birthday party or when I decorated them for Valentine’s Day but these little pops take the stress out of cake poppin. They are also the perfect time saver for all of us busy moms and dads. The kids really love to make them too.
I made this short video below… just give it a watch and you’ll be finding gold at the end of the rainbow in no time! I’ll leave all the ingredients and Instructions below.
*These links are to my Amazon Affiliate Account. Amazon may pay me a commision when you use these links. Thank you!*
- Donut Holes
- Merckens Chocolate (or similar)
- lollipop/cake pop sticks
- Air head extremes
- Wilton Gold crystallized sugar
- Chocolate Warmer
If you like simple, simple desserts and time saver hacks, you might also like to make these Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches, Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes, Mini Apple Cider Donut Cupcakes, or these Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes.
Have fun and don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments below. TAG me on SOCIAL @Cheftini if you make them or leave me a comment below or on my Facebook!
DIY Pot of Gold Rainbow Donut Pops
- 1 15 oz box Donut Holes munchkins, etc..
- 1 lb Merckens Chocolate or similar
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 2 Packs Air head extremes
- Gold crystallized sugar Like Wilton
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl (gradually). OR use chocolate warmer like I do.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Evenly line up 24 donut holes, flat side up on tray.
- Dip ends of lollipop sticks into chocolate and gently insert into center of donut pop. *Careful not to go out the other side. Let set to to harden. When all popsRendine refrigerate 10 mins just to be sure Ari is and chocolate are set.
- In the meantime, open package of candy and cut the air head extremes into about 1” strips. Set aside.
- While chocolate is still warm and fluid, dip each donut pop into the chocolate and swirl around until fully covered. Gently shake off excess and place flat side down onto tray. Press down slightly as you set the pop down to create a flat bottom. Repeat with remaining pops. Refrigerate 5-10 mins to harden.
- Take each donut pop and hold upright with one hand, dip the times of a fork into the melted chocolate with the other and quickly drizzle across the top of the pop. Sprinkle with gold sugar. *the amount of chocolate used is up to you*
- While chocolate is still wet, stick the cut air head extreme into the pop so it looks like a rainbow is shooting over the top. Place in a glass jar to dry.