This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
*This post was made possible by my friends at T-Fal but as always, all opinions and suggestions are my own. Please support the brands that help me bring you recipes from Cheftin’s Kitchen*
With a broken stove and zucchini season in full swing I thought it would be fun to LIVeSTREAM how I make this an Individual Zucchini Parmesan. I also had planned to revamp my old Zucchini Parmesan recipe which I had shared back when the blog first launched.
My original recipe called for dipping each zucchini in flour and egg wash then baking in the oven to crisp up. Since I am stoveless at the moment I opted for the old fashioned frying method instead. Using a little bit of oil and my Pro Grade Saute pan with thermospot by T-fal, I was able to perfectly saute the zucchini slices to a golden crisp and without them being too oily.
As I mentioned in the video, the Thermospot techonology on these pans is really great, it basically tells you when your pans are at the perfect temperature for searing and sauteing. The little dot in the center of the pan has lines going around the perimeter of the dot and when the pan reaches optimal temperature, the lines disappear. It’s a genius and the perfect tool for every cook. Let me not forget that these pans are titanium and so easy to clean. Durability and easy clean up is always a winning combination.
The rest of the recipe is pretty much the same. And if you watch the whole video I’ve got a quick raw tomato sauce tip in there too. Otherwise my San Marzano Tomato Sauce RECIPE is perfect for this dish. The BIGGEST difference in this recipe is that this one is made in an oblong ceramic ramekin and baked in the TOASTER OVEN! Ah-mazing… right!
I’ll drop the quick recipe in the recipe card below for you too. Good luck and happy zucchini season!
The original Zucchini Parmesan recipe can be found HERE
If you are interested in the Kitchen Items I’m using in this video feel free to click my affiliate link below
You might also be interested in THE STOVELESS MEALS MENU ROUNDUP HERE
OR the most searched blog recipes below:
Individual Baked Zucchini Parmesan Casserole
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Cups basic tomato sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese divided
- 1-2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs scrambled
- 1/2 Cup canola and olive oil half and half
- 1/4 Cup flour Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" vertical slices. Dip each slice into seasoned flour and then egg.
- Heat oil in a non stick saute pan, fry coated zucchini slices until golden brown on each side. Let drain in paper towel to drain. Continue until all slices are done.
- Preheat toaster oven (or oven) to 400 degrees F. Line up ramekins. Place a few tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of each ramekin and then begin to place the first layer of zucchini slices. Sprinkle top of layer with grated paremsan and mozzarella cheese and another layer of sauce. Repeat until you reach the top, finishing with cheese. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese on top has completely melted and is bubbling up. Garnish each ramekin with freshly shredded basil.
- Carefully remove ramekins, allow to cool before eating.