This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
There’s no better time than right now to enjoy a zucchini and tomato panini slathered with fresh basil pesto. Whether you have a green thumb and pick these fresh from your beautiful garden or grab them from your local farmer’s market, these 3 are always a winning combo in my book! Add some cheese and some sort of crusty/firmer style bread and your are in for the win!
This post is going to be as quick as the recipe. I used my OptiGrill from T-fal, which you guys already know I love! It performs double duty on this recipe as it first grills the zucchini and then after you’ve built your sandwich, presses into a delightful panini. Oh and don’t forget my favorite feature … once those grill plates have cooled down, you just need to pop them out for the easiest cleanup ever.
⇒You can read more about my OptiGrill HERE
If quick, tasty and convenient isn’t a winning combination at meal time then I don’t know what is. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy this stress free, flavorful meal in minutes!
You might also be interested in the WEEKLY MENU ROUNDUP HERE
OR the most searched blog recipes below:
Simple San Marzano Tomato Sauce
Pesto Zucchini Tomato Panini
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into rounds
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced into rounds
- 1-2 Tblsp. Pesto
- 8 slices of Gruyerre Fontina, or
- Provolone Cheese
- 1 Package of Naan Style Bread
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil/Canola Oil Spray
- Set your indoor grill to low/medium heat. * Season Zucchini rounds with salt & pepper. Spray grill plates lightly with oil. Place zucchini on grill and close for aprox. 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto on flat side of one piece of bread; layer on zucchini, tomato & cheese. Place other Naan bread on top - flat side down.
- Place panini on preheated grill, close and cook for 5-7 minutes. *