Try this easy recipe for Cheddar Puffs that are baked (not fried) and coated with a corn flake crunch. These make great after school snacks, appetizers and finger foods for any event or occasion. Especially during fall when tailgating and football season are in full swing.
Besides tasting great another nice thing about these puffs is that they can be made in advance. Store the puffs in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two days in advance. When ready to bake and serve just place them on a non stick baking sheet and bake according to the directions below.
Personally, I think these are a winner – give them a try and let me know what you think!
Baked Cheddar Puffs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 2 Tbslp. finely chopped green onion
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 2 cups Instant MasHed Potato flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups corn flake cereal* crushed
- Pre heat oven 375 degrees F. Crush cereal in a chopper or plastic bag.
- Mix all the ingredients (except corn flakes) into a large bowl. Shape a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and coat in the cereal mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake Puffs in the oven for 20/25 minutes
- Use garlic powder instead of chopped garlic
- Add grated parmesan to the corn flakes
- Roll or spray the puffs with a little olive oil to give them a nice shiny and crunchy coating