This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links See Full Disclosure Here
As the new year gets underway I wanted to take a moment to share the best of the blog from 2015. The top 10 ten recipes below show that in 2015 chicken was still #winning and that dishes made with basic pantry items still have a lot of appeal, especially that white wine. And those mini cheesecakes … well those speak for themselves! As the big winner of “most viewed blog recipe”, these mini cheesecakes show that we all still just LOVE dessert! Here’s to sharing more great recipes in the coming year!
1.Mini Cheesecake Cupckaes It’s no surprise that these easy to make mini crustless cheesecakes are the #1 most popular recipe of 2015. It is truly a magical dessert that can be made in minutes.
2. Chicken with Vinegar Peppers and Mushrooms : By keeping flavorful Italian vinegar peppers in your pantry you can sear, saute and simmer this really flavorful chicken dish in less than 30 minutes. AND all in one skillet – which makes for easy cleanup and easy clean up is always a bonus, right?!
3. Mini Stuffed Peppers: Make these mini stuffed peppers the way I was taught, in true Italian fashion, with a few handfuls of this and few pinches of that. This “recipe” comes from the heart and proves that you do not need a recipe to make good food.
4. Grilled Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Marinade : Try this simple Roasted Red Pepper marinade that will definitely give your chicken a much needed pick me up. It’s a really flavorful sauce that you can make like “1-2-3???.
5. Chicken Tender Marsala with Peas : This dish was made out of necessity (well poor planning on my part), but this chicken tender marsala with peas proved to be a winning chicken dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
6. Lemon Wine Chicken Breasts with Thyme: A quick and flavorful chicken dish made with white wine and lemon. Make it in less than 30 minutes, now you definitely got Thyme for that!
7. Stuffed Campari Tomatoes : Core, stuff and roast your way into making these yummy stuffed tomatoes. If you’re ready let’s get cooking….
8. Sausage and Mushroom Ragu : “Somewhere between a sauce and a stew this hearty ragu makes the perfect early fall dinner. This dish is so versatile, it can be served over pasta, rice, polenta or even alone. The best thing about this dish is that it’s packed with flavor, but only takes a half hour or so to make. ”
9. Chicken Cutlets with Lemon Parsley Sauce: Take the traditional chicken cutlet to the next level by bathing and baking it in this tangy and flavorful lemon parsley sauce.
10-a. Slow Cooker Pizza: It’s true you can make pizza in the slow cooker! There are so many reasons to give this a try but the main reason I tried it was to see if it actually works – and it does! It also made a killer crispy deep dish pizza ….
10-b. Zucchini in Carozza : You’ve heard of Mozzarella in Carozza, which is mozzarella cheese that is sandwiched between bread, dipped in egg batter and then sauteed in olive oil. This zucchini in carozza is prepared much in the same way, but with sliced zucchini instead of bread.